While we welcome donations from anyone who wishes to support our ministry, it is a particular responsibility of church members to support the ministry of their own church.
Donations received help us support our staff, local outreach and a number of families serving God in international ministry.
Six principles for giving
Here are some principles from 2 Corinthians 8 and 9, explained in John Stott’s The Grace of Giving:
- It is an expression of the grace of God: our giving shows that God’s grace has worked within us.
- It can be a gift of the Spirit: some Christians have a specific gift of being generous givers.
- It is inspired by the cross of Christ: our giving reflects Christ’s giving of himself.
- It contributes to equality: our giving reduces how much we have but increases the amount those in need have.
- It resembles a harvest: if we sow generously, we reap generously.
- It promotes thanksgiving to God: people praise God when Christians meet their needs.
How to give
You can make a transaction to account number 00029168 sort code 40-52-40. Our account name is “Christ Church Trumpington CIO” (fit in as much as you can). Please ensure your name is included or email your name and details of your donation to email@example.com so we can claim gift aid as appropriate.